In October 2018, the World Federation of Engineering Organisations and the Institution of Civil Engineers will hold the first Global Engineering Congress, an ambitious effort to agree a worldwide response to deliver the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
The world urgently needs to take action on climate change, and engineers have a vital role to play delivering clean water, sustainable energy and a connected world.
Offering five full days of multi-streamed content, 2,500 engineers from over 150 different countries will hear and discuss practical ways to deliver the goals and improve the lives of millions of people.
· Hartwig Schaefer, Vice President - Global Themes, World Bank
· Gong Ke, WFEO President Elect and Member, UN Science Advisory Council
· Lee Yee Cheong, Honorary Chairman, International Science Technology and Innovation Centre (ISTIC)
· Danielle Gaillard Picher, Director of Policy and Prgrammes, World Water Council
· Oliver Loebel, Secretary General, Eueau
· Kristian Ruby, Secretary General, Eurelectric
· Susan Freeman-Greene, CEO, Engineering New Zealand
· Alain Bentejac, President, Federation of Global Consulting Engineers (FIDIC)
· Pradeep Chaturvedi, Vice-Chair - Committee on Energy, WFEO
· Wu Qidi, Director of the UNESCO Category II Centre, International Centre for Engineering Education (ICEE)
· Michael Auer, President, International Federation of Engineering Education Societies (IFEES)
· Jeanette Southwood, VP Strategic Partnerships, Engineers Canada
· Yashin Brijmohan, Chair - International Committee on Education, WFEO
· Tony Marjoram, Engineering Specialist, (formerly) UNESCO
· Kathryn Johnson, Vice-Chair, Young Engineers / Future Leaders
· Pratarp Singh, President, South Pacific Engineers Association
· Zainab Al Gharashi, Chair, Young Engineers/ Future Leaders
· Marlene Kanga, President 2017 – 2019, WFEO
Activities will include workshops and roundtable discussions, as well as allowing networking opportunities and a governmental engagement programme.
Learn more and view the programme and speaker line-up at ice.org.uk/congress.