In April of 2023, the European Commission launched the Public Buyers Community Platform, which will make it easier for public buyers (public authorities) to obtain better deals for higher-quality goods and enhance the active communication and cooperation between public buyers. The platform was made particularly so that stakeholders such as authorities, industry, SMEs and academics may come together to discuss best practices and exchange knowledge in a safe and confidential environment. The aim for this initiative is to enhance the sustainability and social inclusivity of the European economy.
The platform was developed under a DG GROW initiative and makes it possible for public buyers to jointly work towards a transparent and accessible economy.
There are currently 9 groups with active members on the platform:
- Central Purchasing Bodies Network
- Community of Public Buyers for Sustainable Solar PV for professionals working on photovoltaic projects
- Network of Competence Centres
- Network of Public Procurement Review bodies of South-Eastern Europe
- PPE Alumni Network for former participants of the Public Procurement Excellence Programme
- Circular and Fair ICT Pact bringing together public and private ICT procurers and governments
- Coordination Group Public Buyers Community
- Procurement of AI in order to make AI-solutions more trustworthy, transparent and secure
- BIM and Public Procurement as a tool for design, construction, maintenance and management of built assets
The adoption of BIM in public procurement of Architecture, Engineering, Construction and Operation industry will bring about a cost-effective and transparent way of planning. The designated platform on the Public Buyers Community will inform its members of current initiatives and discussion on this topic. Look out for upcoming events such as the European Building Summit in Barcelona in late May.
For more information on the Platform, please visit the website via https://public-buyers-community.ec.europa.eu/.